Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 9, 2018

IF I COULD TIME TRAVEL

Great Grandmother, Emily Elizabeth
If I could time travel, would it be better to visit the past or the future?

 If I could only choose one, I probably would pick the past. 
I would be very interested in visiting the lives of great Christians and experience some of the things that happened back then.
  I would not go back in time with the expectation of changing it but to glimpse how and why they lived their lives the way they did and glean from their spiritual lives so as to improve my present time.
Grandpa Wedgwood


The future will eventually come so why take away the surprise.  What’s the point in knowing what happens to my old me. The future will come whether I want it or not. Knowing the future and then traveling back to the present may present some problems for me.
The past for me sounds more exciting and interesting. I would like to go back and witness the lives of my past generations and events that led them to live godly lives.  Traveling back to the present would allow me to glean from those lives. 
Great Grandma with Grandma Helen

I find myself often wondering about the past but not any of the “what ifs”.  I am pretty content with the way God has orchestrated my life.
Traveling in to the future would no doubt challenge my cognitive abilities and would be overwhelming.
The past is a collection of events that have happened, while the future is unpredictable and not fixed.
Grandpa & Grandma Wedgwood,my mother

Perhaps age is what determines if it is better to time travel to the past or to the future.



“Once our present passes into the past, we no longer have the ability to change it.”
An amusing concept is that if it were possible to travel back in time, we’d probably have visitors from the future.  What would they be gleaning from our lives?
“We can only redeem today and plan to redeem tomorrow, for yesterday is gone!”



“Redeeming the time, because the days are evil” (Eph. 5:16)


Psalm 90:10,12 provides the following instruction: “The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labor and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away. So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom”


No comments:

Post a Comment