Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 5, 2017

HOME SCHOOLING, OUR JOURNEY 2

The wonderful thing about homeschooling was its flexibility and ability to meet learning styles.

“Children know how to learn in more ways than we know how to teach them.” ~Ronald Edmonds(1991)

SCHOOFIES

I wanted to live at a slower pace and savor life with my children.
I felt that my son’s energetic nature and tendency to physical expression was more easily accommodated by home schooling. 
Home schooling become our way of life.  It was life changing.  It was our family’s journey.
I loved to read aloud to them.
I loved to spend time with them.
I loved to see them learn new things.
Home schooling requires a pioneer type spirit as no two children are alike and the path is like no other families.
Did I get weary of it after the “honey moon” years?  Of course I did!  But just the thought that I only had this season with them spurred me on.  Those years sped by at an alarming rate.
Matthew (in middle) receiving an award

Did I have recalcitrant kids?  Yes, of course I did on occasion.  Passive/aggressive?  Yes, of course, at times.
Before I began to work in the church nursery, I was one of those moms who was getting reports of how unruly my son was during church.
Sunday Morning nursery (Matt on the far right)

 One Sunday, between services, I happened to look up on the balcony of the Sunday School building (2nd grade) to catch my son and one of his trouble making buddies, directing their paper air planes from the balcony, their SS papers onto the passer byers below between services.


  We later realized the he just did not do well for both hours.  We began to have him with us during our fellowship group where he began to help his dad set up the sound system and break it down later and get a snack.

Baby Gym with Matthew
My cuddle buddy with a very pregnant mom

You know, when you’re a homeschool MOM, you relish that respite and I was not to happy with our new arrangement but it was just one of those things you have to deal with.
Crafting with a hammer

A Busy Son

Our schooling revolved around many activities the church offered, Christ,Mommi,& Me time (aka Masters Kids)  Baby Gym, Kinder Gym, AWANA, Sunday School, Sunday night SEARCH, Wed. night Bible studies for teen agers, summer & winter camps any other activities that came up.


TOPIC~HOME SCHOOL CLICK HERE 
My Three Daughters


No comments:

Post a Comment