Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 21, 2012

MY LADY, Priceless Day: From Caregiving experiences Part 2

A Memory to Treasure: from care giving log, Jan. 2008--Sometimes  My Lady says to me, "My friends up in Heaven will wonder why I am not there".  "I don't know why I am still here on earth?"    My reply, "Maybe it is so more of your neighbors will hear the Gospel."   So one Sunday, we had that opportunity. 

 Unbeknownst to either of us, God had laid it upon our hearts to visit a neighbor with terminal cancer.  I did not normally come on Sundays but did that one time. 

  My Lady was in bed napping but as soon as I got there, she said, "We are going to visit Christie!" We chatted for awhile and then, My Lady, said, with determination, "Well, lets get going!"  She got her walker, and we trudged up the sidewalk to the next building. 

 After getting settled on chairs, we presented Christie with the softest, pink with brown butterfly baby blanket/comfort blanket.  We handed it over to her explaining that it was to be her comfort blanket and a special reminder that Jesus loved her very much and the butterflies to signify life change.

  As she took it she took off the old scratchy afghan and spread it over her legs.  I continued to talk, asking her if she knew for sure if she were going to Heaven after death, because My Lady wanted to know.  She answered, "I hope so" with no assurance. 

  Ok, so then my heart starts pounding, and I am grasping for next words. 

 Then My Lady, bless her heart began speaking, her whole expression priceless, and angel-like, peaceful shared with her the whole plan of salvation.

  Christie and her nurse were listening in rap attention, however, abruptly, the spell was broken by Christie and we sensed it was time to go.

   On previous occasions, preceding this visit, we had left tracts with Hershey's Kisses, CD's of Psalm set to music.  At Christmas we had given her a beautiful velvet stocking, elegantly embroidered with the words "Jesus is the reason for the season.   Whoa, what an adventure that was.  We hope to see Christie in Heaven as on New Years Day she passed away.

LAST TRANSITION OF SHIFTS: Hospice CLICK HERE 

MY LADY  CLICK HERE

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. What a sweet patient you had, to care for her neighbor's soul.

    ReplyDelete