Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 5, 2021

THE NOSE NEIGHBOR- Bougainvillea

BOUGAINVILLEA DELIGHTS










June 13, 2020 
THE NOSEY NEIGHBOR
I can’t go one block into the neighborhood without a bougainvillea sighting. I am often distracted by one of my favorite parts of spring, the flowering bougainvillea that pops up all over the place. It’s always an adventure.
I just love the cheery and bright colored appearance. If I could think of anything praiseworthy and thank worthy, today, it would be for the joy and blessings of the beauty of the bougainvillea, a reflection of God’s artistry. God’s love is more breathtaking than the bougainvillea. It’s so beautifully, overgrown, dramatic and all around stunning. The vibrant colors are stunning. They yell out “extravagance!”
The symbolic meaning of bougainvillea changes from one area of the globe to another but the majority claims it stands for a sign of welcoming visitors.
In other cultures, the plant is considered a symbol of peace. Others believe that gifting a stem to a loved one will ignite passion within the relationship.
The hidden gems of my photo walks are the discovery of intriguing entrances with bougainvillea as guardians of secrets. I am captured by wild imaginations of what might be hidden on the other side. Perhaps there is a beautiful enchanting garden on the other side.
What is not to enjoy about spring?
Barbara Mason
5 Comments
Seen by 14
Like
Comment



THE NOSEY NEIGHBOR
A mile after such awhile.
Enjoyed the bougainvillea this morning. They are blooming everywhere
Laurie Ransom Price, Sandy DellaRipa and 2 others
3 Comments
Seen by 12
Like
Comment





May 18,2021 
NOSEY NEIGHBOR, HIT & MISS.
The Bougainvillea still in full bloom. First signs of Jacaranda blooms.
But what really was special while I was resting at Goodland and Hart a police cruiser pulled up to the stop sign, rolled down his window, and waved at me with a big smile. I waved back and smiled back. That just made my day.
Laurie Ransom Price, Sandy DellaRipaand 2 others
Seen by 9
Like
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment