Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 13, 2015

SIGNS OF SPRING AND JOY 1972

My 22 yr. old self
My twenty-two-year-old-self continues to amaze me.
 February 1972 had drawn to a close.  The signs of Spring were approaching as well as signs of healing.  With February  almost behind me, the Lord had been amazingly good to me.  A sense of joy permeated my being as I relinquished  my right to marriage.
The fears, heart-brokenness, and frustration gave way to joy and calmness of heart.  I began to focus more on my prayer life.
Amid the trivial details of daily life, I noted the following notations about prayer:
"Prayer!  What a wonderful way to involve Jesus and God in my needs!  Nothing has driven me more towards prayer than the feeling of helplessness in the different circumstances he put me in.
But STOP!
  Is my prayer effective?
 Is it faithful?
  Am I seeing answers?
 Do I know who I'm praying for?
  What are my motives?
 Are they selfish?
  Am I impatient because I don't see answers come right away or as I had planned?
 If my answers don't come right away do I recognize the answers when they come later when I am out of the situation?
 Do I try to convince God that his answers should be as I have planned or do I help his answers to be answered?
  OUCH!"  and double OUCH1


Spent many an hour in the Prayer Chapel on Campus
"I am trying to make my prayer life more meaningful.  One of these steps toward that is in making it as personal as possible.  I have asked the H.S. to assign to me certain individuals that may need prayer.  Part of my prayer time is just quietude to prepare my heart to get rid of outside thoughts I may have at the moment."
Spent many an hour in  the Music practice rooms listening to my classmates play hymns
With February behind me and most visible signs of love around me I continued into March.

A-letter-to-my-twenty-two-year-old-self  CLICK HERE
Darkest-days-of-my-life    CLICK HERE

Why-another-pep-talk-to-myself-feb-1972  CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment