Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 22, 2018

FACEBOOK ESTRANGMENT?

"You should be able to pick up the phone and call any of those Facebook friends and say: 'Hey, listen: I'm in trouble. I need a lift, I need a ride, I need help, I need information.' ~Anon

What a wonderful thought if the above rang true of friends. 
 


What  have I gleaned recently from my frequent encounters with fb?
Let's talk about "friends" and what I learned from my friend lists and my friend's lists.
 It is fascinating. It measures tightly how people are connected or not.
In analyzing my network, I figured out who is the most important to me and who is important to most of my friends or not.
Simply belonging to my network reveals much about me as I tell it.  It tells what is important or not.
I tell myself often that if I was ever convicted of being a follower of Jesus, It would be easy if they follow me on social media.
The ability to remove and block those friends is very handy of which I have only done once, in my fb infancy.
However, it takes a little detective work to find out if I have been blocked,  removed, or down graded to another level.
Fb will not be telling you out rightly if someone has banished you or removed you as a friend.
It isn't the nicest thing in the world to be reporting.

It takes a little detective work to find who has unfriended but it usually follows some suspicious thing one might have said in reply to a comment or that inkling that a friend has kicked you out.

Having established what you suspect and that friend no longer appears in your friend list, you either let it go or dig deeper. 
Then check messenger.  If they are still on fb and they have not deactivated their account, their profile picture will appear under "More People" heading.  After ruling suspects out one can establish a list of former friends.


What I have found out about friends and lists was that it doesn't always bring out the best in people but it does eventually bring out the truth.
You might say, But what about family?  You would think that shared DNA would assume unconditional love and acceptance?  Well or at least tolerance.  Apparently not.
If your family can't appreciate your masterpiece comments, they probably are not your target audience.

I can choose my fb friends but I cannot choose my family.   Don't like to feel uncomfortable do you?  So when family, sadly, unfriends you, breathe, maybe you have been given a gift, accept it.  Pray for them.
I am assuming that I am the person they don't want to hear from anymore and they don't want to have you know about them.  Sadly this reveals that they were not very close to you as thought.

Unfriending is an active step that tells somebody 'I don't like you'.  'I don't want to see your stuff anymore.'
Sadly it may also reveal what someone else thinks of me.  I am puzzled at the immaturity of many.



Oh, friend, When we get to Heaven, or not, all will come out in the open.  I seriously hope that you have not unfriended God or one of his followers because they have offended you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment