Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 11, 2018

BETTER AT SIXTY NINE

Giving my thoughts some space on paper.  At least they began on paper and somehow migrated here so all my fabulous followers can experience some of my journey.

The benefits of reading and writing escalate the more frequent the encounters.
It fascinates me to read posts from the past.  The blog eventually pays back as I view past events and personal thoughts of God's work in my life.  Reading my own stories offers a door way into the wonders of my past.
I am entering some of the best years.  I'm hanging on cause time seems to be going very fast, crazy and sometimes heartbreaking on this ride.  But guess what?  I'm living!  I survived, today.
WHAT PIQUES YOUR INTEREST?
Please take a moment to breath and to enjoy the beauty around you.  Look around you.  Enjoy the moment.


I have gone through things I never dreamed of.
 What’s your journey?  What's been the pathway to get to the destination?
 What kind of intentional steps have you gone to get there?   Is it a patient journey?

 Who are the people on the journey with you?  Who benefits along the way?
One of the hardest things about getting old is seeing friends and family members swept away.  Never, ever lose the actors in your life.  Treasure the memories.  Don't let the memories fade to the point, you see only black and white, or sepia.  Capture those moments in color.
If you are young and reading this, you may roll your eyes because it may seem unimaginable to be better at sixty nine than twenty one.


"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."  II Cor.4:16


Facebook is a sinking ship of youth, time, selfies, and manufactured perfection.  The unseen greatest skills acquired are honesty, the importance of compassion and incredible patience.  Well still struggling on that last one.
Life is strange.

  It's Ok to not have it all together cause once you think you have it together, you get thrown a curve ball.
I have experienced tremendous highs and some tremendous lows.
Life is not about smooth sailing.
Life will not go according to plans.
Embrace the changes as they come, cause they will keep coming.
Stop expecting and learn to appreciate.  Remain "classy", vintage so to speak.  Don't be afraid to wear those pearls.

"EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS TEMPORARY, BUT MEMORIES LAST FOREVER."
I appreciate those who ask if I'm okay.  But what do they expect?  What answer should I reply?
Today was a perfectly okay kind of day.  Having lunch with two friends today put color to my day.
I'm thankful my name was on the wake-up list this morning.
 Don't wait!  For an easier life that is.  It won't get that way.  Simpler, or better?  Don't bet on it!

The secret to my life has been learning to cultivate joy, right now before I run out of time.


 "I was young and now I am old,
    yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken
    or their children begging bread."  Ps.37:25
 

No comments:

Post a Comment