Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 15, 2018

A PIECE OF MY JOURNEY

"...nothing about faith, relationships, or character is instant."  ~Anon

God's complimentary travel guarantee has always been his presence. He has traveled with me down many freeways, roads and paths.

Wherever I go, God is with me and for me.  He's been with me through many rocks and hard places.

My youthful experiences are the pieces of life that have become what I am  today.
 They were precious times of figuring things out in life.  I celebrated the people around me and came to the conclusion that it isn't a man I needed.

The truth is people will choose to leave you and plans don't work out.  "You'll never know how resilient you actually are until people leave you." and plans don't pan out.
Let me share here about a "common thread", prayer, that I noticed through out my journals and notes to self.
  It was during these pieces of my journey that I became more aware of life in terms of  eternal vs. temporal.  Comparing it to today, I am ashamed that perhaps prayer meant more to me then than it does today.  “The things you pray about are the things you trust God to handle. The things you neglect to pray about are the things you trust you can handle on your own.” Those words come from H.B.Charles Jr. 
  The things I have to handle today are really no more important than they were yesterday.
Those were the days that made up my  life pieces of  today.
The clearest way God demonstrated his love toward me was through answered prayer.
It is amazing that after 48 odd years my most profound experiences with God have been answers to my prayers.  The most humbling and overwhelming answers have come during my many overwhelming emotional melt downs.
As I continue life's continuum it is clearer to see where I fit in.

  In the course of life sometimes we try forcing wrong pieces in wrong spaces that look like they may fit.  You're blindsided, betrayed by situations and that piece of life that you though fit so perfectly suddenly doesn't.
While attending MU, we had an event called, Prayer and Praise Day. That day was a memorable time.
  Not only did we not have classes that day but we praised God with music, singing many of the old hymns as well spending time in prayer.
There are no shortcuts in life's puzzle.  All the pieces are important.  The Creator of life's puzzle gave me a guidebook.
 We live one piece at a time until its done and God lays that last piece in place.

"For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope."  ~Romans 15:4

No comments:

Post a Comment