Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

SUNDAY MORNING

I'm here:
One after another a car pulls into a slot.  The blue sky above is dotted with wisps of clouds as I enjoy a quiet interlude before the services begin.

It looks like it will be another promising day with eager folks anticipating another Sunday morning.
The parking lot appears to be filling up faster than usual as I sit here in my car contemplating and expecting some encouragement.
A man strolls by with a chair pad tucked under his arm and a Bible in another.
As the spaces fill, I can not help but notice how many Taxi's are entering and exiting, around eight, perhaps in the absence of either to notice or not seeing the Access transportation.  The Special Ministry vans await to pick up our LO's, backed into spaces for easy departure for the later service.
LO's waiting for 2nd service

A young mother unfolds a stroller, places a baby in the upper carrier and a young toddler in the lower part.  She checks.  She pauses at the door, rummages around and finally makes her departure.
Meanwhile, someone opens the trunk of their car revealing the snack and donuts, their contribution, to making the morning more enjoyable for someone.
A few minutes later, I leave the quiet of the car to join the rest of the gang, purposely walking by the coffee shop to get a sniff of the coffee.
I join a few in the foyer to await the beginning of the service which is a whole new experience.
I can't help but notice all the young people.  A few friends drop by to chat with me.
Then the unusual began to unfold.  A man made a grand entrance with a dog, by all appearances, an Alaskan malamute, he had found roaming.  He had him by the collar.  Everyone stopped in their tracks with surprise and astonishment, everyone looking at each other with a "What in the heck is going on?" expression.  He was obviously not a seeing eye assistant.
  He was temporarily corralled in the receptionist cubicle until someone from facilities retrieved him to properly take care of the situation.
Sunday has come and gone but the residual remains.  I love my church.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment