Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 13, 2018

SHATTERED DREAMS

“I didn’t want a story—a beginning. Not anymore. I have long ago stopped walking on a road where my dreams walk around. I change my destination a hundred times if I ever see an old wish of mine standing there in its real form. I don’t know them. I don’t want to. They too must not know me. They too must not recognize me as their owner.” ~Khadija Rupa, Unexpressed Feelings


The future was suppose to be different.  Yet there I am, pausing, staring up at the skies in my garden of reveries.
  I wrestle with my feelings. I had no thoughts that the promised dreams would tarry here.
 No one can hear my silent screams as I survey the graveyard left by those shattered dreams, the projects left to another day, the projects left in hopes of completion that never came and never will, the relationships that never materialized. Most of them have said their last goodbyes, evidence of rust, decay, and rejection.

 The blight these bring, where joy and contentment should have been the aim, have no voice but it is far to late to see many of them for their intended purposes or completion.

Understanding people is perhaps one of the hardest things in life.  We are each living in our own personal garden of dreams. 
  Marriage begins with high hopes and expectations and then disappointments.
  I wrestle with my own feelings.  Those unexpressed feelings that are meant to torment.
I give a heavy sigh as I press onward relishing the thought that God's promises and word are not broken dreams.



No comments:

Post a Comment