Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 1, 2018

"LET TIME HAVE TIME"

Seasonal Changes
I have been attempting to corral my thoughts and emotions and then back in the saddle til new opportunities emerge, a time to re-orient my life.
The last nine months have been insane with November moving like a train wreck.
I just gave a portion of time to this journey in my life, taking care of Dad who was put in my path.  I did not expect it or expected the "time" I would invest.
Corralling Thoughts
Now that Dad has moved on from my care, I find myself waiting for my present life to stabilize so I can concentrate on doing the next thing.  I feel a little adrift having to figure out what I want to do in life next.
Where time was more structured, now I wonder what to do each day although I always manage to find something to do.  I find myself so relieved to not have the constant stress yet am a little lost in what I should be doing.
  Those daily routines were a reason to get out of bed.  There was a sense of self-gratification and accomplishment and Dad was so appreciative for all I did for him.
Perhaps my experiences in care giving will be put to good use or trying some new things I have never thought of doing.
After spending three weeks sleeping, and sleeping, and sleeping,
It has been a time of refocusing, rediscovering the joys of self and investing in my physical well-being. I have found joy in doing nothing.  Quite honestly hitting 68 and care giving has a way of traumatizing the body.
A Little Adrift

I have the joy again of making my respite/guest room, my own again.
Last Hours~11-25-17

It was an adjustment to have Dad as part of our lives and then abruptly end with adjustments large and small.






No comments:

Post a Comment