Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

THE STABLE & THE WAREHOUSE

Zapotitlan: My first encounters with church, Mother holding me and Ed held by one of our nannies:  The Stable turned church

The nature of such nondescript places totally captures the essence of today meeting yesterday, the ambiance of something straightforward and simple, a less traditional, stable turned church of 1950 to a warehouse turned into one of God's storehouses of 2017.

The unique features of the stable church turned into an awe inspired simple place to worship without all the distractions of those of the modern.
  It's simple wooden benches afforded no comfort yet the services were long.  The only other furniture afforded was a table up front with an embroidered table cloth with a Bible verse stitched on it, lovingly made by one of the women or girls.
These early Christians were eager and participated in any way they could to make this their church.

In contrast it seemed very appropriate to celebrate Dad's service of memories at an unpretentious building tucked into an industrial center in Santa Clarita, a building, a warehouse, a creative, reworked space, an inspiring space to worship.
Finding myself in that converted facility with entirely different, original purposes reminded me of my makeover when God began working in my heart as His plan unrolls.

The gallery of rustic wood, plank art with meaningful Scripture verses caught my eye, prompting me to think on Scriptures wherever I go, making them dominate in my mind and heart.
 They should precede, follow, and walk with us as we walk the hallways of life and I would like to think that Dad would have been pleased
Even in the Ladies Room
with this simplicity.

The coziness, warmth, and comfort of the warehouse church in contrast with the cold, earthen floor of the stable church, yet God inhabits everywhere.



 

Memorial Service at Valencia Hills Community Church, 12-16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment