Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 18, 2015

AN AFFAIR OF THE HEART 1972

As the end of a chapter of my journey approached,
I was suddenly overwhelmed by the knowledge that God really cared for and loved me.
With some trepidation I was anticipating the senior retreat.
I was excited by finally graduating, while also,  making plans for the future.

May 25th, I noted that I had written a poem about the most beautiful love affair one could possible have.  It was the product of a challenge and culmination by one of my professors of some of the things she had presented in a lecture.  Another professors influence who wisely told me to "lap up the Lords love" and to concentrate on his love as we did a brief study of the Song of Solomon.

A LOVE AFFAIR

God and I have acknowledged our love and plight.
He has known me and loved me with all His might.
God in His splendor makes all others common and stale.
Nothing the world can ever give will forfeit this joy I sail.
God's love for me is like perfume poured out
More than this its great to know in thinking me,
To be His chosen, darling, lily of the valley,
Amongst the thorns, He has gently plucked me out.
God's love for me has touched my own world.
For, lo, the winter is past and the storm not as bold.
The flowers are appearing and the vine's in blossom.
As for concert time, the singing of the birds has come.
God's love for me is as a suitor bound to win,
For certainly He must have found some charm in me.
Out of the shadows, long prompted by longing and fears,
My heart leaped for joy, beholding an extraordinary lover.
As I yielded to Him my most sacred treasures and heart,
The blissful assurance I sought in the common had
At once turned into the most beautiful love
affair anyone could have!  ~composed by Becky
OTHER LINKS TO PREVIOUS POSTS OF THIS CONTINUING JOURNEY

DARKEST DAYS OF MY LIFE : #1 AFTER A 10 mo. engagement         

FORGING MY WAY THROUGH : #2

GALAVANTING THOUGHTS : #3

LETTER TO MY TWENTY-TWO-YEAR-OLD SELF #4

HE MAKETH NO MISTAKES #5

JUST HANGING ON BY A THREAD #6

WHY? ANOTHER PEP TALK #7

SIGNS OF SPRING #8

WHAT IS THAT SMELL? REFLECTIONS #9

DEALING WITH LIFES STRUGGLES  #10

MARCH MADNESS IN APRIL  #11

BRIGHT SPOTS & PURVASIVE SHADOWS  #12

ENDINGS  are just part of the start of new BEGINNINGS.  As hard and wrenching as life events can be, nothing sparks growth as going through tough times.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment